Anacostia Watershed Society Earth Day Cleanup 2020
Date: Saturday April 25, 2020
Time: 9 am - noon
Description: Join the Anacostia Watershed Society for our signature annual clean-up event. With nearly 40 sites across the watershed, volunteers will be collecting litter while beautifying and restoring their Anacostia River. More information to come, but save the date for this event!
Read more about the Anacostia Watershed Society Earth Day Cleanup by clicking here.
Volunteer registration is open! Click here to view sites and choose one for your volunteering adventure! anacostiaws.org/earthday2020
What to Expect
Be a Hero of the Anacostia River! AWS volunteers are stepping up and doing what it takes to clean the Anacostia River. Be prepared to get dirty and have fun.
Before you arrive read the section below on "What to Bring."
More questions? Read our FAQ by clicking here.
When you arrive look for signs to check in at the registration table. You will meet the folks organizing your site, and get your t shirt.
Site leaders will brief you on basic safety measures to ensure that everyone has a safe, fun time. All tools and supplies needed will be provided - no need to bring your own gloves unless you have a favorite pair.
This is a family friendly event and kids are welcome! However, all participants under 18 must have a waiver signed by an adult and participants under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Groups are limited to 10 people for online registrations. If your group is larger than 10, please contact Emily Castelli at [email protected]. Overall, for each site, the maximum group size is dependent on the total number of volunteers that site can handle.
- Please have the information ready when you go to register for all the members of your group. For each person in your group, you will need their name, email, address, emergency contact info (name and phone), and t-shirt size.
- Use the plus or minus button to set your number of tickets.
- Enter the information for each member of your group for each ticket.
- If members of your group are Under 18:
- Volunteers under 18 need to bring their completed waiver (download here) with a signature from their parent or guardian.
- This event counts for Student Service Learning Hours (SSL)! If you bring forms, site leaders and AWS staff will sign off on the hard work.
- More questions? See if there is an answer on our FAQ by clicking here.
What to Bring
- Closed-toe shoes and long pants are a must.
- A water bottle - water will be available but we'd prefer not to use so many paper cups!
- A small snack, if need be.
- Under 18:
- Please bring your completed waiver (download here) with a signature from your parent or guardian.
- This event counts for Student Service Learning Hours (SSL)! If you bring your forms, site leaders and AWS staff will sign off on your hard work.
Please remember to dress appropriately for the weather (rain or shine!) and wear clothes you won't mind getting dirty.
If you would like to find out more about volunteering on Earth Day or sponsoring the event please email the AWS Earth Day team at [email protected].
Stay updated about the 2020 Earth Day event by joining our email list! Click here to join.