Weed Wrangle Day
Note: This event is weather dependent
Date: Saturday, September 25th, 2021
Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Meeting Location: Langston Driving Range Parking Lot: 2556 Benning Rd NE, Washington, DC 20002 (Map)
- Parking is available at this location
- The Minnesota Avenue Metro Station is about 1.2 miles away from this location (about a 23 minute walk)
- The Stadium Armory Metro Station is about 1.3 miles away from this location (about a 26 minute walk)
- Please plan to arrive and stay masked throughout the event!
Project: Volunteers will help AWS control invasive plants in the Anacostia River as part of the Weed Wrangle Day, an event organized by the National Capital Region's Partnership for Regional Invasive Species Management (NatCap-PRISM). The event will involve removing invasive plant material from a riverside area of Kingman Island at Langston Golf Course. Volunteers will learn about invasive plants and the ecology of the Anacostia River.
This effort is sponsored by National Links Trust (NLT): https://www.nationallinkstrust.com/
- This event will involve lifting, bending, cutting, and pulling vegetation. If you think any of the physical requirements will be problematic, please let us know.
Registration is required. Please register at least 2 days prior to the event date to receive additional information about the event. Anyone who doesn't register online will be denied access to the event.
Participant Requirements for Volunteer and Recreational Events:
Note: Requirements are subject to change based on state, local, and federal guidance and/or our own organizational determinations.
1. Reservations. We are limiting the number of people at our events and pre-registration is required for each individual via AWS’s website (www.anacostiaws.org). This includes each participant completing our on-line waiver form. Prior to your scheduled event, you will also be required to complete our COVID-19 screening questionnaire as part of our confirmation of your participation.
2. Group Limits: Events are limited to groups of up to 20-25, depending on the activity and location. There may be fewer or more participants depending on the ability to social distance and whether local directives allow.
3. Self-Monitoring: All participants in the Anacostia Watershed Society’s (AWS) event are required to:
- Complete our COVID-19 screening questionnaire prior to your scheduled event.
- If you are sick (such as fever (100.4 or greater), cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell, etc.), or have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 14 days, please do not come to the event!
- If you have had any close contact with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, please do not come to the event.
- If you become ill within one week of participating in the event, please consider reporting this to the [email protected] (our Human Resources email address). We will keep your identity confidential.
4. Masks & Physical Distancing: Participants who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, do not have to wear a mask or physically distance, indoors or outdoors, unless they are more comfortable doing so.
Participants who are not fully vaccinated for COVID-19, must arrive masked and plan to stay masked throughout the duration of the event and practice physical distancing.
For more information before the event, please contact Emily Castelli at [email protected] or call 301-699-6204 x103.
Registration is required to participate
Click here to register