Floating Wetland Planting at the Bladensburg Waterfront Park
Note: This event is weather dependent
Date: Saturday, September 11, 2021
Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Meeting Location: Bladensburg Waterfront Park, 4601 Annapolis Road, Bladensburg, MD 20710 (map)
- There is ample parking available
- This site can be accessed by car, bus (Metrobus: T18, T14, F8), or bike trail
Description: Volunteers will help the Anacostia Watershed Society (AWS) to plant floating wetlands at the Bladensburg Waterfront Park! By participating in this project, you will help us to improve the water quality of the Anacostia River. Please plan to arrive and stay masked throughout the event!
Physical Level of Difficulty: Easy
- This event will likely involve lifting, bending, and walking in some muddy areas. Participants will be expected to wear closed-toed shoes and masks for the duration of the event. If you think any of the physical requirements will be problematic, please let us know.
Registration is required. Please register prior to the event date to receive additional information about the event. Anyone who doesn't register online will be denied access to the event.
For more information before the event, contact Emily Castelli at [email protected] or call 301-699-6204 x103.
Participant Requirements for Volunteer and Recreational Events:
Note: Requirements are subject to change based on state, local, and federal guidance and/or our own organizational determinations.
1. Reservations. We are limiting the number of people at our events and pre-registration is required for each individual via AWS’s website (www.anacostiaws.org). This includes each participant completing our on-line waiver form. Prior to your scheduled event, you will also be required to complete our COVID-19 screening questionnaire as part of our confirmation of your participation.
2. Group Limits: Events are limited to groups of up to 20-25, depending on the activity and location. There may be fewer or more participants depending on the ability to social distance and whether local directives allow.
3. Self-Monitoring: All participants in the Anacostia Watershed Society’s (AWS) event are required to:
- Complete our COVID-19 screening questionnaire prior to your scheduled event.
- If you are sick (such as fever (100.4 or greater), cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell, etc.), or have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 14 days, please do not come to the event!
- If you have had any close contact with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, please do not come to the event.
- If you become ill within one week of participating in the event, please consider reporting this to the [email protected] (our Human Resources email address). We will keep your identity confidential.
4. Masks & Physical Distancing: Participants who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, do not have to wear a mask or physically distance, indoors or outdoors, unless they are more comfortable doing so.
Participants who are not fully vaccinated for COVID-19, must arrive masked and plan to stay masked throughout the duration of the event and practice physical distancing.
Registration is required to participate
Click here to register