Rain Garden Planting at Our Lady of Victory Church
Note: This event is weather dependent
Date: Sunday, November 14, 2021
Time: 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Meeting Location: Our Lady of Victory Church, 4835 MacArthur Blvd NW, Washington, DC 20007 (Map)
- About a 2.4 mile walk from the Rosslyn Metro Station (Blue/Orange/Silver Line)
Description: Join the Anacostia Watershed Society and the Our Lady of Victory Church to plant a rain garden! Main tasks will include mulching, weeding, and planting native plants in the rain garden. The rain garden at the Our Lady of Victory Church will retain and filter stormwater runoff, reduce pollutants from entering the Anacostia River and provide wildlife habitat.
Physical Level of Difficulty: Easy to moderate
- This event will involve digging, lifting, and bending. Participants will be expected to wear closed-toed shoes and masks for the duration of the event. If you think any of the physical requirements will be problematic, please let us know.
Registration is required. Please register to receive additional information about the event. Anyone who doesn't register online will be denied access to the event.
Participant Requirements for Volunteer and Recreational Events:
Note: Requirements are subject to change based on state, local, and federal guidance and/or our own organizational determinations.
1. COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements:
- For those 12 years and older: Per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), everyone 12 years of age and older is now eligible to get a COVID-19 vaccination. The Anacostia Watershed Society requires that all participants who are eligible for the COVID-19 Vaccine be fully vaccinated per the CDC guidelines and attest to being fully vaccinated in order to participate in any of our events. Please see additional requirements listed in the below sections.
- For those under 12 years old: We welcome those who are under age 12 and are not yet eligible for the vaccines to participate in our events, but they must follow the below additional requirements, including being masked for the duration of the event.
2. Self-Monitoring: All participants in the Anacostia Watershed Society’s (AWS) event are required to:
- Complete our Event Waiver Form and our COVID-19 screening questionnaire prior to participation.
- If you have not been fully vaccinated and are eligible to receive the vaccination (i.e. 12 years or older), please refrain from attending the event.
- If you are sick or exhibiting symptoms associated with COVD-19 (such as fever, chills, cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell, etc.), please refrain from attending the event.
- If you have had any close contact with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, (even if you are fully vaccinated or have been tested), please refrain from attending the event.
- If you are able to attend the event and become ill within one week of participating in the event, please report this to the [email protected] (our Human Resources email address). We will keep your identity confidential.
3. Masks & Physical Distancing: All participants must wear a mask properly (over the nose and mouth) and physically distance for the duration of our outdoor events. No indoor events are taking place at this time.
4. Reservations: We are limiting the number of people at our events. Pre-registration is encouraged and may be required via AWS’s website (www.anacostiaws.org). All registrations require each participant to complete our Event Waiver Form and our COVID-19 screening questionnaire prior to participation.
5. Group Limits: Events are limited to groups of up to 20-25, depending on the activity and location. There may be fewer or more participants depending on the ability to social distance and whether local directives allow.
Registration is required to participate. Click here to register