Events and Recreation
The Anacostia Watershed Society provides ample opportunity for watershed residents to understand, protect, and enjoy the Anacostia River.
Each season, we offer a variety of programs:
- Volunteer events like our Earth Day Cleanup and wetland work days
- Citizen science events like the Anacostia River Bioblitz
- Recreation events like the Anacostia River Discovery Series and Paddle Nights
- Meetups like Watershed Wednesday Happy Hour
- Celebration events like the Countdown to 2025 Annual Reception and Tavern Toast, our volunteer appreciation event.
Learn more about our events using the buttons above.